Saturday, January 14, 2006

Leaving for Taipei

I'm leaving for Taipei tomorrow morning and will arrive late Monday night there. First thing Tuesday I start meeting with my two Taiwanese producers (Nobu and Ajax, sweet). The priority for now is to start casting for the 3 principals, and especially for Jian, the lead.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, there's nothing like Nowcasting or Breakdown Services in Taipei - we probably won't have to weed through the same amount of mediocrity as in LA, but casting will rely on a lot of references and going around to different commercial agencies. I'm also going to check out some theatre departments because I have this romantic notion of walking into a dimly lit stage and finding the perfect actor/actress sitting in the dark and reciting some moving O'Neill monologue, in Mandarin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home